We are certified by the several states as an Electonic Filing Service Provider


  • What is an Uncontested Divorce?

    If both spouses agree that the marriage is to end and come to a mutually satisfying agreement regarding the final divorce settlement, you have an uncontested divorce. An uncontested divorce is also sometimes called “simple divorce”, “agreed divorce”, “mutual divorce”. Spouses can agree to the terms of the divorce at the beginning of the divorce process or at a later stage after the petition for divorce is filed. Uncontested divorces are pretty straightforward, and most are able to go through on their own or with the help of online divorce filing companie
  • What are the requirements for getting an Uncontested Divorce in Texas or Indiana?

    • You and/or your spouse must have lived in the state for at least six months.
    • You must file in the county where either you or your spouse has lived for at least 90 days before filing the divorce petition
  • What are the high-level steps to getting an Uncontested Divorce?

    • File Original Petition of Divorce and get a case number
    • Give a copy of the petition to your spouse, also known as Serving. If you cannot find the spouse, see "What if I cannot find my spouse" above
    • Complete Decree of Divorce where you write all the agreements between you and your spouse.
    • Wait 60 days from the day when the Original Petition of Divorce was stamped and go to the court and finalize the divorce
    Go to Divorce Process for detailed steps
  • How to file for divorce papers in Texas or Indiana

    Note that filing for divorce is not the same as finalizing the divorce. Filing for divorce is the first step towards getting a divorce (See "What are the high-level steps to getting an Uncontested Divorce?").
    In order to file for divorce, you need to complete original petition of divorce and complete any other forms required by the county and go to the clerks office and file it. Once it is filed, the clerk will give you a case number.
  • What if I cannot find my spouse?

    If you are unable to locate your spouse, you can still go through the divorce process. Once the petition is approved, you will need to complete Affidavit for Citation by Posting/Publication and Motion for Citation by Posting and file them to the court requesting the judge to allow you to give the legal notice to your spouse by Posting/Publication.
  • Can I file Divorce Online?

    Yes. Nowadays, several states are mandating e-Filing for court documents. Texas, California, Indiana and Illinois are some of the leading states that allow e-Filing of civil cases such as Divorce.
  • How do I e-File Divorce?

    You can go to one of the Electronic Filing Service Provider's (EFSP) website and file for divorce yourself. However you will need to familiarize yourself with the divorce process and also learn how to eFile and that takes time. US Legal PRO is is one of the state approved EFSP and can save you time and hassle by helping you e-File divorce petition and hellping you through the divorce process in affordable way. Click one of the following links to start your divorce process.

  • Which counties allow e-Filing of Divorce in Texas?

    Anderson, Andrews, Angelina, Aransas, Archer, Armstrong, Atascosa, Austin, Bailey, Bandera, Bastrop, Baylor, Bee, Bell, Bexar, Blanco, Borden, Bosque, Bowie, Brazoria, Brazos, Brewster, Briscoe, Brooks, Brown, Burleson, Burnet, Caldwell, Calhoun, Callahan, Cameron, Camp, Carson, Cass, Castro, Chambers, Cherokee, Childress, Clay, Cochran, Coke, Coleman, Collin, Collingsworth, Colorado, Comal, Comanche, Concho, Cooke, Coryell, Cottle, Crane, Crockett, Crosby, Culberson, Dallam, Dallas, Dawson, Deaf Smith, Delta, Denton, DeWitt, Dickens, Dimmit, Donley, Duval, Eastland, Ector, Edwards, El Paso, Ellis, Erath, Falls, Fannin, Fayette, Fisher, Floyd, Foard, Fort Bend, Franklin, Freestone, Frio, Gaines, Galveston, Garza, Gillespie, Glasscock, Goliad, Gonzales, Gray, Grayson, Gregg, Grimes, Guadalupe, Hale, Hall, Hamilton, Hansford, Hardeman, Hardin, Harris, Harrison, Hartley, Haskell, Hays, Hemphill, Henderson, Hidalgo, Hill, Hockley, Hood, Hopkins, Houston, Howard, Hudspeth, Hunt, Hutchinson, Irion, Jack, Jackson, Jasper, Jeff Davis, Jefferson, Jim Hogg, Jim Wells, Johnson, Jones, Karnes, Kaufman, Kendall, Kenedy, Kent, Kerr, Kimble, King, Kinney, Kleberg, Knox, La Salle, Lamar, Lamb, Lampasas, Lavaca, Lee, Leon, Liberty, Limestone, Lipscomb, Live Oak, Llano, Loving, Lubbock, Lynn, Madison, Marion, Martin, Mason, Matagorda, Maverick, McCulloch, McLennan, McMullen, Medina, Menard, Midland, Milam, Mills, Mitchell, Montague, Montgomery, Moore, Morris, Motley, Nacogdoches, Navarro, Newton, Nolan, Nueces, Ochiltree, Oldham, Orange, Palo Pinto, Panola, Parker, Parmer, Pecos, Polk, Potter, Presidio, Rains, Randall, Reagan, Real, Red River, Reeves, Refugio, Roberts, Robertson, Rockwall, Runnels, Rusk, Sabine, San Augustine, San Jacinto, San Patricio, San Saba, Schleicher, Scurry, Shackelford, Shelby, Sherman, Smith, Somervell, Starr, Stephens, Sterling, Stonewall, Sutton, Swisher, Tarrant, Taylor, Terrell, Terry, Throckmorton, Titus, Tom Green, Travis, Trinity, Tyler, Upshur, Upton, Uvalde, Val Verde, Van Zandt, Victoria, Walker, Waller, Ward, Washington, Webb, Wharton, Wheeler, Wichita, Wilbarger, Willacy, Williamson, Wilson, Winkler, Wise, Wood, Yoakum, Young, Zapata, Zavala
  • Can I get annulment instead of Divorce?

    There is a very high bar for getting annulment. Most common reasons the court could allow annulment are:
    • Forced consent
    • Fraud
    • Mental Illness
    • Mental Incapacity
    • Impotence
    • Underage Marriage
    • Conceled Divorce
    You can read more here
  • What are the some of the key terms/words used in Divorce?

    Parties:The husband and wife generally, who has filed a court appearance in the divorce.
    Petition:A legal paper that initiates your divorce case and tells the court what you and your spouse want.
    Petitioner:The person who files for the divorce.
    Respondent:The spouse of the person who filed for divorce.
    Pro Se:A person representing himself/herself to the court without the help of Attorney.
    Child Support:Money paid by a parent to help the other parent support the child.
    Community Property:Property owned by both you and your spouse during the marriage. This property may be divided during the divorce proceeding.

Powered by EZCollab [ ip ]